Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh! Thank you for sorting out the Problem


Today as I read the newspaper I was stunned to notice that there is actually a report released by the emirate of Abu Dhabi that confirmed that the sky-rocketing house rents have been associated to the ever-rising inflation. (Rising rents main cause of inflation)

The humor in this news does get to me that ‘Experts’ have finally deduced that it is actually INFLATION, the root cause to the single most perilous challenge facing the emirate, besides car-parking issues. The other thing that made me pondering was that it seemed incomplete to me as I was done reading it; I was searching for references at the end of it to look in other pages / sections where the rest of the news would be covered. Well I was certainly jolted with hysteria that the experts are actually blaming the increasing house rents for the rising Inflation and secondly, they have not even pointed towards any remedial exercises, let alone proposing a technical and more practical solution.

I, as an abiding citizen, am completely obliged to the extended efforts put together by the ‘Experts’ who have diligently worked towards this report, however, I do believe that there work has not finished, it has just begun. They should come up with practical and proven strategies to fight and overcome these challenges

No comments: